18. Mai 2014

PROM!!!

Hey :)
I can't sleep anymore so I decided to write something about Prom!!! :)
Prom is a big deal here in the U.S. and everybody dresses up. It is a dance for the Juniors and Seniors, so 11th and 12th grade. Maybe you can compare it with the German 'Abiball' a little bit.
Everybody starts really early to prepare for this day. i got my dress about a month ago in the Mall of america and when I saw it I literally fell in love! :)
Usually guys are asking girls for Prom if the want to go on a date with them. So one of my friends asked me and so we went to Prom together.
Yesterday morning I slept in first and around 1:30 p.m I had a hair appointment at the hairdresser to get my hair done. This took about one and a half hour. After this one of my friends came to my house and we got ready together. After this we started taking pictures here at my house. :)





After this we went to the Japanese garden which is a neat location to take pictures. First Neda and I were taking pictures and then I was waiting for my date. It is a tradition that the girl gets for her date a flower that goes on the suit and the guy gets for his date a wrist flower. So we exchanged those and then we were taking more pictures :)



















After taking hundreds of picture we drove to the place were we had Prom. First we took more pictures, then we ate and then we danced the entire night.

Prom location 

Track girls :)



Around 11p.m Prom was over and I came home with some friends and we took one last picture in our dresses :) At my school they also have Post Prom which is basically an event after Prom. Everybody changes in something comfortable and then you go to a sports center and you can play Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton. You also can go swimming and do other stuff. I think they do this because they don't want the students to get drunk after Prom and have fun. And it was so much fun!!! Maybe even more then Prom :D This was over at 2 a.m and a friend drove me home. Now I'm really tired but for some reason I couldn't sleep anymore :( But it was a great experience to go to Prom and have fun with my friends. I'll always remember this day! :)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen